Thursday, March 11, 2010

Longmorn


I did a trip to Speyside, Scotland a couple of weeks ago. The trip was a massive success and I came home with a couple of nice new acquaintances. I plan to put these recommendations out one by one in the coming weeks and I'm starting off with Longmorn. Longmorn was one of the biggest surprises of the trip. I did not actually visit the destillery (it's only open by appointment and it does not have a visitor centre or shop). I got a taste (or actually quite a few drams) of it from the lovely couple who ran the B&B (Greenhall Gallery in Cragellachie) where I stayed. It was the owners personal favorite, and do understand why. The taste was really rich and complex in the 15 yo that I sampled and I must say I was surprised when I learnt that most of the Longmorn whiskey ends up in blends. Well worth a try and it's a definite buy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment