Monday, March 5, 2012

Non-approved Dweller distribution


I have recently come across versions of Dweller on different app and software distribution sites (GetJar and Mobile9 so far). So far it's only been the J2ME version and luckily I haven't found anyone trying to sell Dweller for money yet...

I have never really liked the idea of alternative app stores since it becomes very hard as a developer to get your game out to as many users as possible, and it also adds a lot of overhead when releasing new versions or bug fixes since it has to be uploaded to several sites instead of a single one.

It is important to keep in mind that Dweller is still a work in progress and therefore contains bugs and unfinished features. By distributing Dweller in ways I have not approved prevents me from controlling software updates and bug fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment