Friday, March 23, 2012

Where's the release?

These last few days I have received several questions about when I plan to release the next version of Dweller. All I can say is that it has been delayed a little while longer. I am done with the UI changes and I've added a few new spells and given spells variable cast time depending on their potency (e.g. a big damaging area of effect spell will be slower than a single target damage spell).

My focus now is to improve rendering performance and make the game feel snappier than it does today. I've done some performance profiling and I spend way to much time rendering graphics. I am now working on ways to improve rendering speed to increase FPS and make the game feel more responsive. I will release the new version when I'm done with this, but I am at this point unable to give an accurate estimate. We are talking days, not weeks, but that's all I can say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment